Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trying to Feel Motivated

It's hard to feel motivated when all I really feel is fat. I hIad a rough night and a rough day yesterday, and I don't want to get out of bed today. I want to curl up into a ball and sulk a little while longer. And it's only Tuesday....big sigh :(

I ate breakfast because I know it's good for me. I am going to try not to obsessively count calories, because I get very obsessive about it very quickly. So, my mini-goal for today is not to eat any junk food. Is this a reasonable goal? I really don't know sometimes, to be honest. It seems maybe too vague? So by no junk food, what do I mean. Or should I rephrase my goal into something positive. I am only going to eat healthy food today. And by healthy food I mean food with nutritional value other than calories. That's better, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Lexa!! It's too late to join the comp. I would be HAPPY to add you to our "Other losers to support" list and will also add your link on my blog. I think that by reading what little I have, like your info and your entry, you've GOT TO STOP WITH THE SELF HATE TALK! I think it's totally reaonable for you to lose 20 lbs by Christmas but the idea that you loath yourself when you are no more than 10 lbs overweight is really not healthy. SO!!! Find a healthy balance. I totally understand wanting to be healthy but beating yourself up is NOT the way to go with this one! I also want to point out that many women on this journey (and in our competition) are MUCH larger than you. It's very hard to relate to someone who weighs 100 lbs less than you but is calling herself fat. Email me biglosers2009@yahoo.com if you would like additional support and info and you are welcome to join our bl forum (there is a link on the main page). Can't wait to get to know you better... maybe the two of us could have our own competition.. we are about the same weight now... that could be fun!

    ReplyDelete